OUR CHILDREN OF TODAY

I've been looking at pictures of my children when they were very small. I saw how innocent they looked and when they were playing they did not have a care in the world, they invented their own games, used tins and sticks, stones, etc. If I look at the children growing up in this world today, it amazes me to see how grown-up they are, disrespectful towards their parents, don't want to do errands for their moms, always grumbling about everything.

They get the most expensive toys, playstations which cost about R5,000! Then they sit all day playing. Then they get cell phones, which they totally abuse for their benefit, and not what it was intended for. I believe parents want to give their kids what their parents could not afford to give them when they were growing up. But I also believe parents must discipline the kids when the need arises.

As a mother, when my kids were growing up, I spoilt them but there was also lots of disciplining with the rod, and as they grew older they got the message, and I no longer needed to
spank them. Even my grandchildren, I discipline them in the same way when they get out of hand, but they learn very quick.

So parents, grandparents, etc, we can spank our kids, even discipline with the mouth, but when we do the disciplining, they need to know that we are doing it because we LOVE them, and they need to KNOW and FEEL it within themselves that we DO Love them

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING