INSOMNIA

Its 01.58,Friday the 4th,many have forgotten events , prior to this day. They even oblivious that this new day is nearly two hours old,for being in the land of nod, are their forte Yet sleep refuses to calm this soul .Prayers have long ago been said,so what are these disturbing thoughts. Nothing new.as years have passed, not knowing why sleep,at this hour, always eluded me. It has been very beneficial in study years or when this enquiring mind, couldnt switch off the light.Too afraid that the arising hour was way too faroff still, to know the end result of the plot or conclusion of a romance.In the comfort of my room, so many stories of love or study aids, these eyes have read,till words became blur but the heart wanted more. How long still can this go on as its many years since knowing my alphabet, to be able to read.Yet despite it all, Im sure there,s still no regrets to this day, as this is my hour of confrontation,prayers,planning and persevering to meet the new day. Spectacles just hanging on,too scew to even stay in place.So glad there,s not a soul in bed with me, for this face, would surely have frightend them off. A sideward glance onto the wall,shows shadows of gollywog hair in disaray.Now I know why I never married again for the luxury of allowing myself this hour, to do what my soul feels fit, would never have been allowed again. I do remember the great amiss when hubby of late was still around.Its actually causing a smile to break , as rememberence of times, when a light was switched off in my face.Then lying tensely, pretending to sleep,heart skipping a beat on hearing him snore again.Knowing he is fast asleep,for that last chapter, I just had to read. Many years has passed,Im still at it. Insomnia you detrimental, doctors believe but my joy you always been.Good night!...morning!.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING