My journey to Robben Isand

On Wednesday 6 December myself and some other ladies from various NGO'S went on a spiritual pilgramige to Robben Island and it was my very first time going there.As we were touring around the island we evetually came across the prison cells that was for me most sad thing to think how these people had to live, sleep and eat, and how they were mistreated and robbed from there family life and all for our democracy.I came to realize how many of us people just critize these people and call them names such as (the "k" word) and we always just want to see the bad in these people who are called blacks but i came to realize that it was because of them that i'm free today,and when i say free then its free to speak, free to education and just free to live my life.I also came to realize that before any good thing can happend to a person then something bad had to happen and also that nothing will fall in your lap without a prize to pay and these people like Mandela, Robert Subuko, Walter Sisulu and so many others where the one's who had to pay so that we can have a life of freedom. It made me to think of the life of Jesus Christ who had to pay the prize for our sins and it also cost him suffering of pain bloodshed and eventually his death and because of all of this we all were set free. So what i would love to leave our bloggers with is that we need to tell our chidren the truth about this freedom and about what the black people had to go through and also how privilage they are to be born free's. I now that we are not always mindfull of what these black people had to go through but i think that we need to, in order to keep us thankfull and i think then there will be less name callings and criticizing.I decided to stand up for them if i should hear any discrimination against them and so should all South Africa's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING