Give us Bread not a Brick

My first attempt at baking a bread was one that I will never forget. I decided I'd bake a bread no ordinary
plain white bread but would attempt a health loaf seeded and grained. I followed the recipe to the tee and
happily put the dough into the baking pan.As the oven timer went I made my way across to the hot oven
A group of family members had gathered round to catch a glimpse of Aunty Sandy's first bread. I was
happy with the result with smiles and expectant looks all round from the family. With a feeling of pride I
removed the bread from the baking tin and onto the cooling rack. Success I thought it looked amazing and
smelt great, a bit small but hey since when did size matter when the quality was evident so I thought. This
was going to be a great bread. The loaf had cooled and finally the "Taste Test"
With a sharp knife in hand I went for the first cut. Well the bread did not move it was as hard as a brick.
Everyone around burst out laughing saying give us a bread not a brick- Ha Ha Ha!!!!

Comments

Rene Parker said…
Oh wow! didnt know one could bake bricks in a normal oven. I am sure the next one you make will be perfect.

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING