DRUG ABUSE IN OUR COMMUNITY

DRUG ABUSE IN OUR COMMUNITY

THE PROBLEM: The problem in our community is the drug abuse and it causes a lot of constraints by parents which cannot deal with their children as there are a lot of violence involve.  Meaning that the effect that these drugs has on them which cannot control their ways. Like most times the child will steal out of the house, use violence to get attention, stabbing whoever  comes in their way and a lot of other violent things by getting attention. The parents always ask what more can I do for my child as I cannot handle if the child is in that high mood. What can I do as a parent? Is their a solution as most of them will say I will kill my child, but that is not a solution as you will deal with the law. So what can a parent do with such a child?  That is questions that parents that is in such situations want solutions and not want more problems. They no about the different rehabilitation and institutions for help but is the child prepared to receive those treatment.  It depends onto the child involve if he/she wants to be healed.  


SOLUTION:  As a solution is that if a parent shows more interest in his child and shows it the hard way, it can be solved or get help from rehabilitation centers. Most of the time it is children that was spoil t that cannot except the parents turning against him if his on drugs, but you as a parent must be cruel to be kind.  You can succeed your own child in a different way as I was one of those parents that did it the hard way and it worked. I threw my child out of the house and for me it worked as he came back to beg me to take him back as he will change.  Let me tell you, I told my child it is harder to put your feet under someone else's table than your own parents and when I did that, I proved my point to him and up till today, 10 years down the line and me son is still by me on my rules and terms.  I no it does not work for everybody but for me it worked.  I just want to appeal to all parents, it is hard and tears and heartache doesn't always help, but we have to be strong, there is a GOD greater than everybody as prayer helped me, as he realized what I told him was true and he learned it the hard way. We must just pray and be strong as we will think "ag, jy praat maar net"but it is true, pray and it will be answered.  You will think that it won't help but if you don't try, what do you as a parent have to lose, as that is also the question that you must ask yourself as you will always think bad about saying that its the friends that his involve with, but it's not always that, nobody gives your child the things, as they take it out of there own and do it, My thing is, don't blame others for your child's problems/faults in life as they have a choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING