Last week in speed dating I met some interesting people. I met Shamiela Booley who looked very familiar. On Chatting, I found that we live in the same road. Further on I discovered that we are related. Living in the same road I have never seen Shamiela before. I knew her late mother quite well as she made some lovely pies to sell. And of course I had to buy them. Now Shamiela has taken over the business and I am surely going to introduce myself all aver again to those pies.

I also met Anthea who said she was an examiner. Immediately my mind went to the clothing factory where examiners checked finished garments. But Anthea works in a company that gets rolls of fabric and they then check the actual fabric for the correct strength. I was fascinated by the task of which I have never heard before.  The reason for that is that I do my own sewing and just love fabric shopping. I can go into the most expensive clothing stores and find nothing to buy yet on going to a fabric store its difficult  to leave without an   armfull of metres of fabric.

Another person I met was Nazeema who works for Alpha Lipid. A company that produces products for ultimate health. That task I also found interesting, for when one reaches my age ones body is readily depleted of nutrients which have to be replaced.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING