Memorable Encounters

 

I met Sophia while standing in a que in Pick'Pay.  We started talking about our children and what the challenges are that they face today eg. drugs, crime and the daily things we are faced with as moms.  I felt that we had known each other for such a long time and yet we had never met before. I found out that she was a nurse and was unemployed at present.   She gave me her phone number and I gave her mine.   I was so surprised after three weeks she sent me an SMS wishing me Eid Mubarak, saying that it was from my Pick'Pay friend.  I replied and said I thought that she was such an angel.  I do hope I will run into her again soon..


I have a friend, Fowziah, whom I have been friends with since I was in standard three in primary school.  We still visit communicate and go shopping together on a  fairly regular basis.   She is not married and looks after her father who is ninety three years old.   Her mother died about 10 years ago.   I think we have been friends for more than fifty years.   She is such an amazing friend because we never forget each other's birthdays.   I just love being in such an unselfish relationship.




I have actually got other friends who have been at high school with me.   We are about six friends who meet about four or five times a  year for a morning breakfast at the respective homes.   We really look forward to these meetings because we have a whole year's news to catch up with.   We really feel that the time stands still and that it was just the other day that we were sitting on the school benches.   The only tell tale  signs that time is moving on is the colour of  our hair changing and a few wrinkles showing here and there.   What has not changed is our spirit and love for each other.  I just hope we keep up these regular meetings with each other.   Most of us have become grandmothers but we still feel young at heart.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING