My journey in making jewelry

I'm Shariefa Ryland that are currently unemployed. Going back to studying after 20yrs was a huge challenge in my life and I had to divert and channel my stress into something worthwhile. I picked up a hobby by making jewelry. I was the only member in my family that wore costume jewelry, I just simply loved it. It also proved to me that anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

When I started creating my own jewelry, I always asked for feedback from my family, they did not hold back any punches and at times I felt they were being heartless. I kept all my opinions to myself and swallowed my pride not to respond to any of their comments.          

I believed I needed to create items that I would want to buy myself because it had to be a quality product. Don't sell or give something to anyone that you yourself don't want and that was the first value I based my creations on. My sister's were the first people that supported me by buying my jewelry even though they never wore costume jewelry. I felt quite proud of myself whenever they wore it, not being sure whether they did it to inspire me, motivate me or just to make me feel good just by wearing it. Then I realized they would only have my best interest at heart and I felt truly blessed. My colleagues also played an important role because i was frequently asked to something for them or make a gift.

When I became unemployed in October 2015 due to retrenchments, I realized I needed to decide whether I'm going to go out there and seek employment or take this hobby of mine to the next level. After lots of consultations and asking my Creator for guidance I decided to give it a go because I will never know my real potential and I pursued it. It was a great challenge I took and I simply love what I'm doing. It's a challenge to market yourself out there because there is such a lot of people making jewelry. I believe and hope with the blessings and guidance of my Creator I will make a success of what I'm trying to achieve.
      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING