What has shaped my life positively.

Looking back on my life ,I have many people and experiences that have played a pivotal role in my life . I choose to only focus on the aspects that inspired me and helped me develop positively  as a person .

When I look at where I am in my life , I realise that everything I have is by the grace of God . I am grateful that I had an encounter with the Lord at an early stage in my life .
This definitely laid the foundation for the many experiences I have had thus far .

Even though I am a mother of two boys and that I have my own family to focus on . I realise that my parents had the most positive influence on my life .They value education and even though they were never afforded the oppurtunity to attend a tertiary institution , they made me understand that I could only prepare myself for a better future through education .

 As a teenager there were times when I felt that they pushed me into studying and that I could have been working to earn money . I'd see my friends driving beautiful cars and be envious .
However ,as an adult I have realised that their " pushing " has helped me to start  planning the life that I desire.

Their planning and determination contributed to me having a headstart in life .Things could so easily have been different.

What Ive learnt is that we need to value our parents . It is not always about the material things that we can get from them but about inspiration , ideas and mostly love.

The inspiration they have been  to me as their child  , has shaped me into giving my children that same motivation .


 

Comments

shariefa said…
This is so true, our parents instilled great values in us. We did not realize it at that point in time because we felt they were being hard on us. Today when they not there anymore we realize that they prepared us and gave us the opportunity to achieve the things in life they never had. Family is the best gift that was given to us. God Bless

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING