Sadias life story

My name is Sadia van niekerk, i am a mother of four but have raised 5 kids.


I got married when I was 16 years old, my mom went to Mecca and she decided that she would rather let me get married so that i could manage the household, which I did to the best of my ability, I was a bit sad as I did not complete my high school studies, but luckily for me i married a guy that loved me and offered me all the support and this allowed me to continue my journey, it was not easy but I was always willing to learn and improve my life in each and every way possible.


Both of us come from poor backgrounds, but we believed in each other and had a strong religious belief
that a family that prays together stays together and this took us to a marriage of 43 yrs, through the
grace of the Almighty. My husband never wanted me to go and work but because he was a tailor, the
income was slow and this got me wanting to go and work and carve a name for myself. I did admin work
and went from strength to strength, moved out from my in-laws, renting a home in Mitchell plain for 5 yrs,
and purchasing my own home, putting the children in the best schools possible that I could afford and
he was amazed, but I believed in myself.


He has passed on 4 yrs ago after a long illness and had both legs amputated due to diabetes and was
wheelchair bound, I once again persevered and prayed as I went along. 


Today I am a widow, pensioner a proud mom doing volunteering work at an old age home every
alternate week, I assist with a feeding scheme at the neighborhood watch in our area and a part time job,
making a Dr children to school. My children all past metric including my grandson that i raised and i feel
that i have done my job giving them the best education and allowing them to pursue careers of their
choice.

I neglected myself in the process, but now that I am doing this course, I feel that I am finding myself and
enjoying every moment and there is still much more that can be done, God willing, I will not lose hope.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING