Life after Children


I am a mom of three beautiful children. A girl and two boys.  Since I became a mom 30 years ago, my focus was on my children and work. I had to juggle meetings and dropping kids at school in the morning then fetching again in my lunch hour. This was fine when they all attended primary school together. When they started secondary school the two went to Garlandale high and the youngest decided to go to Windsor in Lansdowne. Now the the nightmare started dropping them at Garlandale and then to Windsor. Luckily I worked at a bank in Athlone and I could juggle my time around.

I resigned from work ten years ago due to a back problem and have spent my time driving my kids around to wherever they needed to be.

Now they all matriculated and started their own lives. My eldest is my daughter who became a radiographer and is now working at Vincent Palotti Hospital. My youngest did his motor mechanic apprenticeship at Market Toyota and have just passed his trade test at end of August. My middle son studied auto electrician but because of lack of finding an apprenticeship he decided to start his own business.

I finally can now focus on myself but being out of circulation for so long I did not know where to start. A friend of mine sent me a flyer about Rlabs. I sat with my cell phone and decided to fill in the application form and then forgot about it. I received an reply to pay my enrolment fee and choose which courses I wanted to do.

This was the perfect start to get my groove back. For the first semester I did three courses and enjoyed it so much that I started the second semester. This was the best decision I could have made.

I now am digitally empowered  and it feels great. The atmosphere here is awesome. The facilitators are friendly, helpful and so patient. You are never made to feel a nuisance nor silly or stupid. The learning take place in a professional but fun manner. There is no angst or worry or feelings of nervousness when you come here because one feel so excited to be here.

There is definitely life after children.

Thank you Rlabs for giving me the skills to be independent and not digitally challenged anymore.

Comments

Tazneem said…
Hi, I wholeheartedly agree with you that the staff is so patient and professional and fun.

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING