COMMUNITY TEARS

So much pain,so much potential, all caught up in a snare of depression,hopelessness,anxiety and the stigma attached to our youth...a lost generation. Never, not once at this stage in my life, has reality so coldly stared me in the face.At first it came across as hoaxs.yes pranks scheemed by bored young men and women,needing to vent their energy ,by chatting on MIXIT.. what a rude awakening I faced on realizing that this was reality,our youth were virtualy experiencing all these heartrendering traumaS. About a month ago I was approached by Marlon Parker,the i.t. guru, to board his team of mixit counsellors.Though totally stunned and honoured,I accepted,not even giving the consequences,if any, a second thought.My mind played havoc with me for days...Such as, how would I be giving advice regarding drugs if I never tasted or wasted on this decaying substance.Gently the Spirit would bring all those workshops to mind.The reconstructed team, with fingertip expertise,young and vibrant, seemed totally out of my league,so advanced and versatile in this project. The first two sessions I was nervous ,too delayed to concentrate on what was transpiring.After wrestling with my Father for nights, regarding my need to represent Him in this enormous task,the need to avail myself dawned during a session shortly thereafter.So much pain being experienced by a socalled lost generation. By staying anonymous these young people, irrespective of colour,religion,distance or the extend of their problem, could by chatting on Mxit obtain valueable advice.which could at times be a life or death experience.Some were so devastated by their situations,they had such low self esteems.This brainwave of Marlon, is such an unique innovation, as one can virtually picture the joy in a chat after a successful encounter. The problems ranges over a vast selection of topics,from relationships.homework.sexual abuse,drugs,suicide,teenage pregnancies,abortions,love affairs and so many others that our children face, they were suppose to enjoy their teens. All the above being highly confidential TOO.So how else or where else could this be vented but by chatting anonymously on this brilliant innovation, Mxit Counselling.The parents thus also have advice and a solution to their fears and the necessary referals, if needed. If this idea should have been patented,millions could have been earned and presumeably many social workers,who already have vastly overloaded schedules, would be of lesser demand.Thus the main aim of this wonderful project is to glorify God and lessoning the pain out there.Making our communities aware that help is on hand for a minimum of .01 cent,Yes thats all it takes but then again our christian duties are also to win souls for His Kingdom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING