Sports day

On 28 May about 10 pm my phone rang, it was one of our lady,s Aunty Pauline from our seniors club. She asked me whether the sports was still happening I asked her why she said "didn't you watch the weather it is going to rain.
We were hoping that we would have a nice cool day. My phone rang the morning of the sports it was aunty Susan " Jemima is the sports still on its raining cats and dogs". It was 6am the morning when my phone rang it never stop ringing I later had the ringtone recorded in my ears. Next aunt Alma then aunty Liza, aunty Maud and then I jumped out of bed.
I got to the office and start phoning around. My first call was to social development , they organized the sports but they were not sure about the sports. I had to phone everyone just to be ready while we wait on the raining. When I went to the seniors room there was already seniors so they were the ones who did not conceder the weather. I was a bit concern, their health the arthritis, the sugar , high blood and flu, but they were ready, they had already taken their medication at 5am.
At 8:30 I received a call that we were to be ready at 9am , I made the calls to the rest of the seniors and off we were to Vygieskraal stadium. Everyone had a good time singing and dancing while waiting on the weather to clear. They were served with coffee and doughnuts and hotdogs and juice for lunch.
There were about 12 other clubs present all part of the Athlone district. The events were stopped because of the rain. So there is going to be a follow up because only 5 events took place.
Its back to practice " they say the winner takes it all". They are a very eager and pleasant group of people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING