Oblivious Mentality

What emotions would be applicable to best describe this situation that,s performing around me.To those that,s visiting,a sadness filled with gratefullness for not being part of the cast,or the performers, a sheer bliss of oblivious happiness..Mama! my mama! slurred words, uttered as I approach her,hands outstretched to hug me and a shout of glee in a quick dancing spree. Im in awe.for today its dancing for me.No time to fathom,no time to think,as another one presses in.The music is being performed at its best, as only the visitors can validate this.They,the cast,are jumping for joy,performing at their very best or so it seemed.A tear slowly trickle down my cheek on realizing in all of them, there,s no one home,within their feeble mind, that could recall any recognition of their past.That powerfull emotion that surpasses all...Love. is at its rife, seeked by all...Love me , ,showered with spittle,she shouts into my ear,unperturbed by the effects it has.yet the music unites us all. Sharron,Theresa, Donny and the band are performing from their very soul.No time to ponder or to wonder but why cant we too, value life with such simplicity? No one notices their mode of dress,dearranged with tastelesness, many would have been the jesters of the outside world.Touched by Gert,s constant look on his watch,repeating the same time over and over again,I had to ask why and with tears, freely flowing he said...My mama kom my haal,ek gaan huistoe vandag.Trapped within this bottomless jar of soggy clay,how will they ever find their way? So contented they are,not a care in the world,but Lord this I know...long time ago, they too belonged to someone special out there.In all their ways,how burdensome it may seem,they,the patients at this mental institute were blessed with the greatest emotion of all...Love!!.The music has stopped,goodbye,s are said,they all retreat to their perspective rooms.We cant help but feel the heartache within, for gone are any signs of recognition.They lost in their world,till we meet again.

Comments

tamusana said…
You describe an incredible, passionate and of course sad scene. Happy that they could be happy in the moment. Thanks for sharing...

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING