Lilian- My 50 years of marriage

On the 9th February 2011 Ernest, my husband, and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary. It is unblievable that we have reached this milestone in our lives, as it seems like yesterday that we got marrried. When I look back and think about it,it is really an achievement. The 50 years were reeally an adventure and I can still remember most of the highlights of our lives together. We got married on a Thursday as we wanted to go on honeymoon on the Union Castle Liners (we went on the Carnarvon Castle) which was a ten day boat trip to Durban, with stop overs in Port Elizabeth and East London. The boats use to leave on a Friday. This was the first time both of us went on a sea voyage. I provesd to be a poor sailor as I was sea sick most of the time. This was the beginning of our life's adventure.

Comments

jackiembiggs said…
Well done on your 50 years of marriage. Happy blogging!!!

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING