Silence and quiet time

This past weekend I went on a Silence Retreat. Yes, I shut up for almost all of 40 hours. Phew, what an achievement. No easy task but what a relief not feeling that you have to make small talk. Yesit was certainly spiritually uplifting... all in all wetalk just too much. I've realised and appreciated so many things. I encourage everyone to really ' make' quiet time and just BE STILL. I know its easier said than done but if I could do it (with 19 other people) then so can anyone else. Yes the mind wanders and chatters just to get you offtrack, but hey! you can bring yourself to focus. It's a wonderful experience. We had lots of encouragement from our group and that made it easier. We also had some really funny moments. We hiked on the mountains and were encouraged to be still and really be one with nature and amazingly one can just savour those moments and appreciate the Greatness of our Creator and His Creation. You may find out more about this through keeping in touch with me.

Comments

Rene Parker said…
wow 40 hours is very long. so glad you are back and had a lovely time.

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING