Interview's with the local folks of Bridgetown












Yesterday the electricity was of in Bridgetown, so the Rlabs team had to improvise in keeping all the students occupied. They've decided that we should go into the community and interview some of the people in the street , as well as taking photographs of the area.

The first site we spotted was a no dumping site, but on it was so much rubbish, its like people just ignore the sign board that has been put up and it is so visible to see. This dumping site is opposite a primary school, and next to the impact centre.

My first interview was with a 10yr old, whom to my surprise gave out so much personal information about himself. It just shows that we can teach our children not to talk to strangers and inform them about all the danger in our society, but still they're so vulnerable and easily lured into so many dangerous things.

My second interview was with with a 16yr old, who also gave me information about the struggle's of the youth in Bridgetown. She told us about teenage pregnancies and breaking' s substance abuse and just basically telling us what the youth is up to week-ends .

My third interview was with a 50-60yr old born again christian by the surname of Mr Gouws. He was quite keen on talking to me. He's been living in Bridgetown for the past 58yrs wow it is a life time. The only thing that he can do is pray for those living around him. He told me that the youth especially is not that interested in hearing about God, and then he told about Jesus who could not perform any miracle in his hometown , because the people there didn't wanted to put their faith in him. He told me so it is with your family and the people that is so close to you, he was talking about the community. He gladly posed for a photo with me.

I would've love to speak to some 20-30yrs and 35-45yrs, then it I would've heard from all aged groups of life in Bridgetown, but i guess the cold wind kept most of the folk indoors

This is Nazli Jedaar reporting from Bridgetown
Back to the studio at Rlabs


Comments

jackiembiggs said…
Well written Naz Jedaar.Keep up the good work!

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

fagmieda-mom8.0 interview