Tibbie

This is a funny thing that I accidentally did to my son. He likes Hamburgers. This one day he wanted me to make one for him with fried eggs cheese and  sausage and all the different sauces. I then thought I will do this for him. My daughter, his girlfriend and my son, Tibbie, were sitting at the kitchen table while I was busy with his hamburger.
However my daughter had gone away for the weekend, she never unpacked her bags so of course I unpacked her bags. She had a small container with a brownish liquid in it. I then put in the refrigerator for when I cooked next. I then put the pan on the stove and took the container with the oil out of the fridge and put it in the pan. I then switched the stove on and waited for the pan to heat up. I fried 2 eggs and covered it with a lid to prevent the oil from splashing, after 2 minutes I took the lid off the pan and saw that the eggs were steaming and not frying, I thought maybe some water had got into the oil. I then put all the ingredients on a platter and I told my son to please go ahead and make his burger, because my cellphone has just rang and I had to answer. I was then talking to my friend for quite a while when my son came to me and started talking to me, I said Mom will not be long, but before he went back to the kitchen he said Mom  their is something wrong with the eggs it smells like dish washing liquid. I then realised the liquid in the container that I thought was olive oil ,was in actual fact Lemon Scented dish washing Liquid. In all my 63 years I have been cooking I could not believe that I could have made such a mistake. I cried from laughter and also wet my pants.

NOW WHENEVER I PUT OIL IN MY COOKING PAN MY SON ALWAYS SAYS MOM ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT OIL. HE NOW DOES NOT EAT FRIED EGGS MADE BY HIS MOM.

Comments

Rene Parker said…
That is a funny story. So glad you shared with us

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING