Honouring Poet James Mathews

                          Campaign  to Honour Poet James Mathews.

Dear Friends of James Mathews,

I am appealling to all out there to support me in my recommendation 

to the University of the Western Cape to honour James Mathews, the 82

year old poet who lives in Silvertown, Athlone, Cape Town, South africa.

I am recommending that James be honoured with a Doctorate, alternately

a special honour as the university sees fit.

James is an internationally and nationally acclaimed author and poet.

He has been contributing to the literary world since the 1950s according to his 

peer, Peter Clarcke who is also an author.  He has authored already 12 books

of poetry and short stories, evidence of his astuteness.

He has been and still is a mentor to many young people over the years.

James as a social activist all his life, fearlessly contributed to our freedom 

struggle as South Africans. His protest poetry targetted oppression under the 

apartheid regime. Imprisonment did not deter him.

James Mathews is one of South Africa's veteran comrades.

I encourage all South Africans and our friends and comrades in the world

to hold him in high esteem.  Yes he is a people's Hero.

Could you please add your name to this campaign letter as a sign of your

 support for the recommendation.

Forward your response to:

Prof. D. Roberts at  rector@uwc.ac.za   and copy me

at: anntebe@gmail.com

Thank you

Ann Ntebe

 14th April,2012

Comments

Ann Ntebe said…
Thank you to all who has commented on my appeal.
The University has not responded yet.

I hope James mathews who has turned 83yrs on 24th May,012, will have a positive response soon.

Thank you all.
Ann Ntebe

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING