dealing with autism


when i got my third child i was exciting to find out it is another boy because i love boys.i realised there was something wrong with him because he was delayed in everything at his stage.one day i watched the 0prah show and it was about autism and that day i felt a blow to my stomach cause i knew my son was autistic,from there my journey begun with him.my whole life was about him i was entering an unknown world with him,i had to focus on a husband a marriage ,two normal kids and how im gonna fit
him into that world.i thought i had the perfect marriage but when we went for counseling they told us not all marriages survive.obviously with him u must have patience and faith because when u alone u must believe in something.my husband started working alot and after a while with everything that happened we divorced.i had to protect my kids especially my last born because he could not understand obviously it is hard but i would not have it any other way .i can not imagine my life without him and i can honestly say that he improved so alot through the grace of god,yes he do start asking questions about himself and why dont he do the same things as his brother and sister and i always asure him because his special and he was my special gift from god.
my focus was just on my kids and going through a divorce was the hardest in my life,but coming to rlabs i have hope for my future and my journey through life.i have met amazing people and the time here is me time enjoying it and re descovering myself.

Comments

Gereldene said…
Hi Shamiela,
All I can say is that God is good.He has given you the strength to continue with life and to be a role model for your kids.We as moms need to equip ourselves as well so that we can also teach our children better.I take my hat off to you as it is not easy.All the best for your future and God bless you.
Unknown said…
I PRAY FOR U LOve ur children and yourself no man is worth ur pain you abrave women God bless God see your pain love u
Unknown said…
Hi Shamiela I KNOW WHAT IT IS TO HAVE A CHILD WITH AN ILLNESS. MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU AND I MUST COMMEND YOU FOR YOUR COURAGE.IT IS GOOD THAT WE AS MOMS GOT A PLATFORM WHERE WE CAN VIEW OUR CONSERNS.YOU WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING