Gourmet food

I am passionate about food, not just any food. Good food made with fresh ingredients.  Looking back it actually started at a young age in my mother’s kitchen. She was a nurse which a job of long hours and being the oldest of eight children it meant I had to run the household, including putting food on the table for my father and siblings. That’s when the experimenting started with food.

Being married and having two daughters just continued the process.  Now years later my girls are married and not being able to get any work because of being either over skilled or too old, I decided take make that passion a career. Those years of experimenting is paying off.

I booked myself into a good cooking school for a short course just to get the basics of gourmet food. I learned so much about the different ways of cooking, especially fish. Do you know how many different fish there is. I grew up with hake, snoek, hardes and some fish on a bunch. I only knew about frying, steaming and grilling, but oh boy there are so many different ways to cook fish.


Food is beautiful. There is a sense of fulfilment when you see a recipe come together and seeing how everyone enjoys it. My grandchildren, also two girls thinks that I am the coolest ma and the best cook. Nobody can cook like me, their words not mine.

Comments

Unknown said…
hi cant wait to taste the master chef food as i love sea food must keep in contact as i always tend to be involve in function and parties will keep u in mind sweety
Unknown said…
hi cant wait to taste the master chef food as i love sea food must keep in contact as i always tend to be involve in function and parties will keep u in mind sweety
Unknown said…
I love cooking myself,my mom passed away almost two years ago,so everyone depends on me now to be the chef.Fortunately for me i have always cooked and loved it.Love experimenting with food,so if anyone has any cool recipes there for me please dont hesitate to forward some to me.Thanks,
Unknown said…
I love cooking myself,my mom passed away almost two years ago,so everyone depends on me now to be the chef.Fortunately for me i have always cooked and loved it.Love experimenting with food,so if anyone has any cool recipes there for me please dont hesitate to forward some to me.Thanks,
Unknown said…
I love cooking myself,my mom passed away almost two years ago,so everyone depends on me now to be the chef.Fortunately for me i have always cooked and loved it.Love experimenting with food,so if anyone has any cool recipes there for me please dont hesitate to forward some to me.Thanks,
Unknown said…
I love cooking myself,my mom passed away almost two years ago,so everyone depends on me now to be the chef.Fortunately for me i have always cooked and loved it.Love experimenting with food,so if anyone has any cool recipes there for me please dont hesitate to forward some to me.Thanks,
Unknown said…
HI girl i also like to cook.I think you must make platters for the eeend of the year funtion.sent some recipes

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING