My Rlabs Moms experiance

I am Naomi Albertyn and I started with Rlabs last year 2016 after a friend invited me to her graduation. The experience was so wonderful and while visiting the various marquees and listening to the stories of Hope I decided to equip myself. The journey thus far is so exciting that I would like to continue God willing. I look after my 92 year old mom and also after a friends 2 children of 6 years old which is a boy and his sister of 4 months. In the year 2000 God called me from my job as a debt collector from the company I worked at. A colleague of mine who had the same vision after much prayer and discussion resigned from the company and in August of that year did a training cause as Home Base Carers. We started doing voluntary work in the communities where needed and by referrals. We enjoyed what we did especially for the elderly and the infirm and also taking them to hospital and shopping. I had to stop when God showed me 8 years ago to look after my Mom full time so I realize that I had to gain the experience to take care of her. This is my journey so far and being at Rlabs is also a break and learning so much more.



Comments

suzanne said…
Wow I am so empowered by hearing what it is you've been doing within your community. And I am happy that you took some time out for yourself this year and focus on empowering yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING