A wounded healer

Buyiswa was a homeless young lady residing @Sizamile Aged Home. She was suffering from stroke and was at the day hospital for her appointment. I introduced myself to her and her face brightened up when I speaking to her,exchanged contact numbers before parting our ways.

Our relationship was an open book from the beginning. She had a daughter  Siviwe who was a student at CPUT ;her mum had a shack in Houtbay but wasn't interested in her from childhood. She went as far as grade 10 in school and from there she became a domestic worker and while still employed, she became pregnant. Her boyfriend was a soldier of Umkhonto weSizwe  so they were not together for a long time;although his family took care of her & the baby, but she missed him !

Eventually she got married to another guy who abused her verbally &financially, so she ran away. Buyiswa had nowhere to go so ended up @Sizamile at the age of 46!  So I would visit her sometimes go out for some walks. I would help her with her washing and eventually led her to our Creator'

On the 17 November last year .the home got burnt unfortunately my girl friend was severely affected by the fire because it affected mostly her brain!  She was admitted in Tygerberg ICU for burns-for 6 months. During that period I met her daughter who was very glad to meet someone of my age& also that her mum was talking about me to her.

On the 23july Buyiswa passed on in her daughter;s arms-it was sad but she (Siziwe ) was glad to be there on her mum,s final journey. she thanked me for being a pillar of strength to her mum & to her.She even reminded of the wise words id use to encourage her not to cry in front of her mum even though she,s unconscious,to tell her mum how much she loves her etc etc. since then I knew that  that I'm a wounded healer!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My RLabs Mom's Journey

SENIORS OUTING